Friday, August 1, 2008

Blessings!

I am grateful for the priesthood that Brian holds and honors. I have been sick a lot this summer and have lost 10 pounds in 2 months. I was prescribed birth control pills and then diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Last Sunday Brian gave me a blessing and I have felt great this week! It's my own little miracle. Another doctor has told me that I need a hysterectomy and bladder repair (which should take care of the problems). It should be a relatively easy surgery with only one night in the hospital. What a blessing it is to feel good and have the energy to do things.

Today I spoke with my sister, Brenda. She had major surgery on her foot on June 2. She was in a wheelchair for quite a while. Then she had to use a walker. She was so excited when she called me today because she was actually standing up ironing! We both laughed because who would have ever thought we would be excited about being able to iron. Just another one of those things we take for granted. What a blessing it is for her to be able to stand and do things around her house!

1 comment:

Max G said...

hey mom, I like the new look.